As you might have heard, the Greensboro Science Center is getting TANKED! The popular Animal Planet series, TANKED, is building and installing a Giant Pacific Octopus tank for our aquarium. While they’re here, the stars of the show, Wayde King and Brett Raymer will be available for a meet and greet with Greensboro Science Center visitors. Space is limited, so read on to learn how you can have a chance to meet them.
DATE: Saturday, September 26, 2015
TIME: 10:00am – 1:00pm
LOCATION: Giant Pacific Octopus exhibit in the Greensboro Science Center’s aquarium
SPACE IS LIMITED.
If you are a Greensboro Science Center Member:
From Thursday, September 17 through Saturday, September 19, GSC Members will have the opportunity to receive TANKED Meet & Greet wristbands before they are available to the public. Simply stop by the admissions window on the left (look for the sign that says “TANKED Meet & Greet – Get your wristbands here”) to receive your free wristbands. Members can receive one wristband per person listed on their membership. Children ages 2 and under do not need a wristband to participate.
There are a limited number of wristbands available for Members, so we encourage you to get yours as early as possible!
If you are NOT a Greensboro Science Center Member:
Non-Members can visit the Greensboro Science Center’s left admissions window (look for the sign that says “TANKED Meet & Greet – Get your wristbands here”) starting Sunday, September 20 to purchase wristbands for the TANKED Meet & Greet. This event is free with general admission, but you MUST have a special wristband to participate. General admission is $12.50 for adults ages 14 – 64, $11.50 for children ages 3 – 13, and $11.50 for seniors ages 65+. Children 2 and under are free.
Quantities are limited, so we encourage you to get your wristbands in advance!
- Wristbands for the TANKED Meet & Greet may only be purchased on site. No phone calls.
- The Greensboro Science Center is closed Friday, September 25 for our annual See To Believe Gala. Therefore, no wristbands will be available that day.
- Depending on availability, wristbands MAY be available on Saturday, September 26. We encourage you to purchase in advance just to be safe. Follow us on Twitter – we’ll try to keep you updated during the week regarding how many wristbands are still available.
- There will likely be a line for the TANKED Meet & Greet, so be prepared!
- Merchandise will be available for purchase – cash only.
- The aquarium will be open during this time, so visitors will still be able to enjoy the GSC in its entirety – including the new Giant Pacific Octopus exhibit!
- Share your experience using #GSCTanked!